Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
February 2020 (December 2019 data)
- Credit union loan balances rose 6.5% in 2019, down from the 9% reported in 2018.
- Credit union real estate loan balances grew 9.3% in 2019, the second fastest pace during the last decade and only slightly behind the 9.5% pace set back in 2017.
- Savings balances rose 8.2% for all of 2019, faster than the 6% pace set in 2018.
December 2019 (Q3 2019 data)
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a quarterly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- The U.S. economy is expected to grow at its long run 2% trend in 2019, but grow below trend in 2020.
- Interest rates will remain low in 2020, putting downward pressure on credit union earnings.
- Credit union loan growth is expected to slow to 6% in 2020, below the long run trend of 7.2%.
- Skip to Main Content
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook