Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
February 2021 (December 2020 data)
- Credit union loan balances rose 0.2% in December, below the 0.8% pace reported in December 2019.
- Credit union new auto loan balances rose 0.2% in December, below the 0.4% pace set in December 2019, and fell 3.9% for the full year.
- Fixed-rate first mortgage loan balances rose 14.2% in 2020, the fastest annual pace since the 17.6% reported during the housing bubble of 2008.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- The economy is expected to grow 4.5% in 2021, a significant turnaround from the 3.5% decline reported in 2020.
- Home prices rose 13% in 2020, matching the pace set in 2005.
- Credit union loan growth for 2021 was revised lower to 5%.
- Credit union deposit growth was revised higher to 15% in 2021 due to additional stimulus checks.
- Skip to Main Content
- Americas Fastest Growing Homebuying Demographic
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- Help Your Credit Union Stand Out from the Competition
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- Inflation Guard
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- Member Perceptions Are Reality
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Ransomware Attacks Continue as Predominant Cyber Issue
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook