Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
July 2021 (May data)
- Credit union memberships should exceed 130 million by the 4th quarter of 2021.
- Home prices surge 2.3% month over month and a remarkable 15.4% over the last year.
- New auto sales drop in May due to a shortage of semiconductor microchips.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Inflation is now rising at a 5.3% pace, the highest pace since 2008.
- New auto sales came in at a 15.4 million annualized pace in June, below the long run pace of 16.5 million.
- Thirty-year mortgage interest rates have declined to 2.92% in July, from the recent high of 3.18% in early April.
- Oil prices rose to over $70 per barrel, pushing up inflationary pressure.
- Skip to Main Content
- Americas Fastest Growing Homebuying Demographic
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- Help Your Credit Union Stand Out from the Competition
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- How the Pandemic has Changed Credit Modeling
- Inflation Guard
- Innovative Lenders Migrating to the Cloud to Achieve Agility and Scale
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- Member Perceptions Are Reality
- Members at the Center
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Pandemic shines a light on need to help members with investments
- Ransomware Attacks Continue as Predominant Cyber Issue
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats Impacting Your Auto Lending Business
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook