Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
June 2020 (April 2020 data)
- Credit union credit card loan balances fell 4.3% in April, below the 0.7% rise in April 2019 as the effects of COVID-19 economic lock down were in full force.
- Credit union fixed-rate first mortgage loan balances rose at a 33% seasonally adjusted annual rate in April, the fastest in credit union history.
- Credit union savings balances rose a remarkable 4.7% in April, compared to the 0.6% drop reported in April 2019.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Our latest economic forecasts have the economy contracting at a 30% annualized pace in the second quarter, the unemployment rate remaining over 10% during 2021 and deflationary pressures pushing the inflation rate into negative territory.
- The Federal Reserve is expected to keep the fed funds interest rate at 0.1% until the unemployment rate returns to around 5% sometime in 2023.
- The 10-year Treasury interest rate will remain below 1.5% until 2022 due to low inflation expectations and massive quantitative easing by central banks around the world.
- Skip to Main Content
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook