Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
August 2022 (June data)
- Credit union loan balances rose 2.4% in June, faster than the 1.0% pace reported in June 2021, due to every loan category reporting growth.
- Credit union savings balances grew 7.9% during the 12 months ending in June, above the 6.6% average annual growth rate recorded during the last 20 years.
- Credit union loan-to-share ratios rose to 75.3% in June, up from 73.6% one month earlier, and up from 70% in June 2021.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- The rise in interest rates has reduced single family housing starts 21% during the first 7 months of 2022.
- New auto sales were a 13.3 million annualized sales pace in July, 19% below the 16.5 million long run average.
- Credit union loan growth is rising at the fastest rate in over 30 years.
- Skip to Main Content
- Americas Fastest Growing Homebuying Demographic
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Digital First Doesn't Mean Digital Only
- Financial Inclusion in Action
- How the Pandemic has Changed Credit Modeling
- Innovative Lenders Migrating to the Cloud to Achieve Agility and Scale
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
- Lending Empowered
- Making Strategic Choices for Growth
- Member Perceptions Are Reality
- Members at the Center
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Pandemic shines a light on need to help members with investments
- Ransomware Attacks Continue as Predominant Cyber Issue
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- The Credit Union Value Proposition is Under Fire
- Whats Impacting Your Auto Lending Business
- What Strategic Choices Are Credit Unions Making to Drive Growth
Making Strategic Choices for Growth
To better understand credit unions’ efforts to remain relevant and continue growing in the face of this competitive threat, CUNA Mutual Group commissioned a research project to explore the strategic choices of credit unions.