Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
April 2021 (February data)
- After falling 3.5% in 2020, we expect the U.S. economy to grow at a remarkable 6% in 2021.
- We are forecasting credit union loan growth of only 5% in 2021, down from 5.3% last year.
- On a seasonally adjusted annualized basis, new-auto loan balances rose at a 0.1% pace in February, the first positive growth number since July 2019.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- We now expect the economy to grow over 6% in 2021, the fastest pace in 38 years.
- Inflation is expected to be above the Federal Reserve’s 2% average target for the next two years.
- Credit union savings growth for 2021 is expected to be over 15%.
- Long-term interest rates are expected to rise one percentage point over the next year and a half.
- Skip to Main Content
- Americas Fastest Growing Homebuying Demographic
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- Help Your Credit Union Stand Out from the Competition
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- Inflation Guard
- Innovative Lenders Migrating to the Cloud to Achieve Agility and Scale
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- Member Perceptions Are Reality
- Members at the Center
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Pandemic shines a light on need to help members with investments
- Ransomware Attacks Continue as Predominant Cyber Issue
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook