Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
November 2019 (September 2019 data)
- During September, loan balances grew at a 5.7% annualized pace, while savings balances rose at a 9.1% annualized pace.
- New-auto loan balances rose only 2.4% during the last 12 months, significantly below the 12.5% increase set in the year ending in September 2018.
- The credit union loan-to-share ratio is down 0.5% over the last year to 84.7% from 85.2% due to loan growth falling short of savings deposits growth.
September 2019 (Q2 2019 data)
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a quarterly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- The economy slowed to a 2% growth rate in the second quarter, which is the rate economists believe is the natural long-run sustainable trend.
- Consumer spending on durable goods (autos, appliances, furniture) jumped 10.9% in the second quarter, the fastest pace in more than five years.
- Business investment, residential investment and exports are declining due to rising levels of uncertainty regarding future economic activity.
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience