Today’s the day to prepare. Flood Protection.98 percent of U.S. counties have experienced a flooding event. And, just one inch of water in a home can cause more than $25,000 in damage*
Flooding is the most common and costly natural disaster in the United States causing billions of dollars in damage each year. A flood event doesn’t have to be the size of a hurricane to cause serious damage. Unfortunately, most business owners, homeowners, and renters typically don’t buy flood insurance even though damage is often excluded from traditional property and contents coverage.
Help your members understand these common myths:
- My property won’t flood if it didn’t in previous weather events.
- I’m not in a flood zone, so I can’t get flood insurance.
- Flood coverage is unnecessary because individual disaster assistance from FEMA will cover my losses.
At CUNA Mutual Group, our goal is to help your credit union ensure its members are properly insured so they can quickly recover from a flood or other catastrophic event. Use these resources to educate your members on the risk of flooding so they are adequately prepared.
- Flood Insurance Hot Topic Video - Discovery Conference
- FEMA’s Flood Insurance Moonshot Outreach Toolkit including:
- FEMA Factsheets
- Social Media Templates – #Floodsmart graphics & copy
- Press Release Template
- FEMA & The National Flood Insurance Program
- FEMA Flood Data Visualization
- FEMA Emergency Financial First Aid Kit
- Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (https://disastersafety.org/)
- ServiceLink Professional Flood Zone Determinations
- NIAC What the Flood! Interactive Quiz