Guaranteed Asset Protection
New vehicles depreciate, on average, 20% after one year.1Newly purchased vehicles depreciate the second they’re driven off the dealer’s lot. When a vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and not recovered, your member could owe more than the vehicle is worth. GAP is designed to reduce or eliminate the difference between the insurance settlement and the loan balance. Our choice-driven GAP, GAP Plus and GAP with Deductible Assistance offer more feature options and more control than ever before.*
Want to talk with us about this product?
Already have this product and need help?
Looking for more product information?
GAP is one of the products available in our comprehensive lending suite helping you protect more loans, more ways.
Benefits for You
- Valuable protection options including protection for wear and tear, excess mileage and prior damage
- Member-friendly features such as no time limit to file a claim and more skipped payment options2
- Easier and more efficient to offer GAP to members with Protection Advisor® Expert, our point-of-sale technology
- Optimize and efficiently reconcile your program with on-demand reports
Americans Are Revving Their Engines in the Auto Market
With a record $1.2 trillion3 in outstanding auto loans, it’s time for you to take a look at all benefits to our GAP program that your members want and need. Our choice-driven options offer your loan officers the flexibility they need to better serve your members.
Additional Resources for Our Customers
- Visit our Lending Resource Center for product details, training and marketing materials.
1 CARFAX, “Car Depreciation: How Much Value Will a New Car Lose?”, Nov. 9, 2018. 2 Skipped payment options not available in all states. 3 Experian, “State of the Automotive Finance Market,” 2019.. CUNA Mutual Group is the marketing name for CUNA Mutual Holding Company, a mutual insurance holding company, and its subsidiaries and affiliates.