Step 1: Evaluate Your Credit Union and Objectives
Your team meets with your CUNA Mutual Fiduciary Consultants to examine:
- Employee demographics
- Investment policy
- Risk tolerance and parameters
- Portfolio holdings and objectives
Step 2: Update Investment Strategies & Policy Statement (IPS)
Your Fiduciary Consultant works with you to update investment strategies and IPS to meet your objectives under current market conditions.
Step 3: Implement the Strategy, Your Way
You have the flexibility to choose between two approaches to co-fiduciary protection:
- 3(21) Co-fiduciary “Help me do it.” — Your Fiduciary Consultant provides advice. You control investment decisions
- 3(38) Co-fiduciary “Do it for me.” — Your Fiduciary Consultant makes investment decisions on your plan’s behalf
Step 4: Monitor Performance & Due Diligence
Your Fiduciary Consultant:
- Monitors your portfolio
- Provides quarterly reports
- Documents due diligence to examiners by detailing investment performance and oversight activity
Repeat steps 2-4 annually
For a consultation from CUNA Mutual Fiduciary Consultants on your retirement plan, call your Sales Executive (800.798.0770) or contact us using the form below.
Want to talk with us about this product?