Step 1: Evaluate your credit union and objectives
Your team meets with your Cuna Mutual Group Fiduciary Consultants to examine:
- Employee demographics
- Investment policy
- Risk tolerance and parameters
- Portfolio holdings and objectives
Step 2: Update investment strategies & policy statement (IPS)
Your fiduciary consultant works with you to update investment strategies and IPS to meet your objectives under current market conditions.
Step 3: Implement the strategy, your way
You have the flexibility to choose between two approaches to co-fiduciary protection:
- 3(21) Co-fiduciary “Help me do it.” — Your fiduciary consultant provides advice; you control investment decisions
- 3(38) Co-fiduciary “Do it for me.” — Your fiduciary consultant makes investment decisions on your plan’s behalf
Step 4: Monitor performance & due diligence
Your fiduciary consultant:
- Monitors your portfolio
- Provides quarterly reports
- Documents due diligence to examiners by detailing investment performance and oversight activity
Repeat steps 2 – 4 annually
Want to talk with us about this product?
CUNA Mutual Group and Cuna Mutual Group are marketing names for CUNA Mutual Holding Company, a mutual insurance holding company, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. CPI Qualified Plan Consultants, Inc. and CMFG Life Insurance Company are subsidiaries of the CUNA Mutual Holding Company. Annuity insurance products are issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company, located in Madison, Wisconsin. Each insurer is solely responsible for the financial obligations under the policies and contracts it issues.
Cuna Mutual Group Fiduciary Consultants is a marketing name and service of MEMBERS Capital Advisors, Inc., 5910 Mineral Point Road, Madison, WI 53701, the registered investment advisor affiliate of CUNA Mutual Group. MEMBERS Capital Advisors has assets under management of more than $27.9 billion as of 5/31/2021, including the general account of CMFG Life Insurance Company. For more information please call 800.356.2644 ext. 665.8486.