Welcome to Solar Power
In September 2017, we broke ground to implement solar power(Opens in new window) at our Waverly, Iowa, location. The system is projected to produce more than 400,000 kilowatts of power in its first year. This represents approximately 20% of our Waverly facility’s total power use.
Over the course of the system’s 25-year life expectancy, we’ll reduce our carbon footprint by more than 9,000 tons of carbon dioxide. That’s equivalent to:
- Planting more than 200,000 trees
- Recycling some 28,000 tons of waste, instead of sending it to a landfill
- Displacing carbon dioxide emissions from the annual electrical use of about 1,000 homes
- More than 8,000,000 pounds of coal burned
Recognition of Our Efforts
Bicycle Friendly Business Award
Climate Champion Award
ENERGY STAR® Certified Building in Madison
ENERGY STAR® Certified Building in Waverly
ENERGY STAR® Certified Building in Great Bend, Kansas
- Skip to Main Content
- Awards and Recognition
- Contact Information
- CUNA Mutual Group Foundation
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Financial Information
- Giving Back
- Our Values
- Where We Stand on Social Justice
Join our Team!
Check out the career opportunities available on our Careers page.