Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
May 2020 (March 2020 data)
- Our latest economic forecasts have the economy contracting at a 35% annualized pace in the second quarter, and the unemployment rate rising over 20%.
- We are now forecasting credit union return-on-asset ratios to fall to 0.2% in 2020, and -0.35% in 2021.
- Credit union loan balances rose 0.3% in March, faster than the 0.2% pace reported in March 2019 and 6.9% during the last 12 months.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Credit union loan charge-off rates are expected to triple over the next two years, from 0.5% to 1.5% because of the COVID-19 pandemic and recession.
- New auto sales fell by 46% during the last 12 months, slowing credit union new auto loan growth.
- Consumer confidence fell by the greatest one-month drop in history during May.
- Skip to Main Content
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook