Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
May 2019 (March 2019 data)
- Credit union loan balances rose 0.3% in March, less than half the 0.8% pace reported in March 2018, and 8.1% during the last 12 months.
- The credit union average capital-to asset ratio rose to 10.9% in March 2019, up from 10.5% in March of 2018.
- Credit union membership growth slowed significantly in the first quarter of 2019, adding 0.8 million new memberships, significantly slower than the 1.4 million added in the first quarter of 2018.
March 2019 (Q4 2018 data)
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a quarterly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- The economy grew 3.1% in 2018, but is expected to slow to a 2.3% pace in 2019.
- The economy added 2.674 million jobs in 2018, with another 2.1 million expected to be added in 2019, a 1.4% increase.
- Credit union loan growth slowed to 8.9% in 2018, with only 8% growth expected for 2019.
- Credit union savings balances grew only 5.2% in 2018, with 7% growth expected for 2019.
- Credit union capital-to-asset ratios rose to 11.3% in 2018, the highest since 2007.
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience