Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
September 2020 (July 2020 data)
- Credit union loan balances rose 0.7% in July, higher than the 0.6% pace reported in July 2019.
- Credit unions originated a record $130.4 billion first mortgage loans in the first half of 2020, a 92% increase above the $67.9 billion in originations in the first half of 2019.
- During the last 12 months, savings balances rose a remarkable 18.9%, the fastest pace in over 30 years.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Our latest economic forecasts have the economy expanding at a 25% annualized pace in the third quarter.
- The unemployment rate is expected to end 2021 at 7.5%.
- Credit union loan growth is expected to reach 6.0% in 2020, due to record setting fixed-rate first mortgage loan originations.
- Credit union deposit growth is expected to reach 18.6% in 2020, up from 8.2% in 2019.
- Skip to Main Content
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook