Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
April 2022 (February data)
- We expect the economy, as measured by the growth in real GDP, to rise 3% in 2022 which is slower than the very fast 5.7% pace set in 2021.
- Credit union loan balances rose 9.6% during the last 12 months, the fastest pace since 2017.
- The credit union loan delinquency rate (loans two or more months delinquent as a percent of total loans outstanding) fell to 0.46% in February from the 0.52% reported one year earlier.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Expect the Federal Reserve to raise short-term interest rates seven times this year to hit 2% by year end.
- The inflation rate hit a 8.6% year-over-year pace in March, the highest in 40 years.
- The economy is expected to grow 3% in 2022, down from 5.7% last year.
- New vehicle sales fell to a 13.3 million seasonally adjusted annual pace in March, down from 14 million in January.
- Skip to Main Content
- Americas Fastest Growing Homebuying Demographic
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Digital First Doesn't Mean Digital Only
- Financial Inclusion in Action
- Help Your Credit Union Stand Out from the Competition
- How the Pandemic has Changed Credit Modeling
- Inflation Guard
- Innovative Lenders Migrating to the Cloud to Achieve Agility and Scale
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
- Lending Empowered
- Making Strategic Choices for Growth
- Member Perceptions Are Reality
- Members at the Center
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Pandemic shines a light on need to help members with investments
- Ransomware Attacks Continue as Predominant Cyber Issue
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- The Credit Union Value Proposition is Under Fire
- Whats Impacting Your Auto Lending Business
- What Strategic Choices Are Credit Unions Making to Drive Growth
Making Strategic Choices for Growth
To better understand credit unions’ efforts to remain relevant and continue growing in the face of this competitive threat, CUNA Mutual Group commissioned a research project to explore the strategic choices of credit unions.