Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
November 2022 (September data)
- Savings per member is falling at the fastest pace in 22 years.
- The credit union average loan-to-savings ratio rose to 79% in September, up from 70.4% in September 2021.
- Home prices fell for the third consecutive month but are still up 11.4% compared to one year ago.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Vehicle sales rose to a 13.6 million unit seasonally adjusted annualized sales rate in September, still below the 16.5 million considered a normal pace.
- Savings balances per member have already declined $200, to $13,930 in September from April’s record high of $14,130.
- The credit union system’s capital-to-asset ratio fell to 8.5% in September, down from 10.1% in September 2021 due to rising interest rates reducing the market value of investments available for sale.
- Skip to Main Content
- Americas Fastest Growing Homebuying Demographic
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Digital First Doesn't Mean Digital Only
- Financial Inclusion in Action
- How the Pandemic has Changed Credit Modeling
- Innovative Lenders Migrating to the Cloud to Achieve Agility and Scale
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
- Lending Empowered
- Making Strategic Choices for Growth
- Member Perceptions Are Reality
- Members at the Center
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Next Generation Board Members
- Pandemic shines a light on need to help members with investments
- Ransomware Attacks Continue as Predominant Cyber Issue
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- The Credit Union Value Proposition is Under Fire
- Whats Impacting Your Auto Lending Business
- What Strategic Choices Are Credit Unions Making to Drive Growth
Making Strategic Choices for Growth
To better understand credit unions’ efforts to remain relevant and continue growing in the face of this competitive threat, CUNA Mutual Group commissioned a research project to explore the strategic choices of credit unions.