Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
August 2019 (June 2019 data)
- Credit union loan balances rose 0.7% in June, slower than the 1.1% pace reported in June 2018.
- Credit union loan balances grew at a 5.2% seasonally adjusted, annualized growth rate in June, half the pace set over the last five years.
- Credit union loan delinquency rates fell to 0.51% in June, down from 0.67% one year earlier as the strong economy has pushed the labor market beyond full employment allowing members to stay current on their debt.
June 2019 (Q1 2019 data)
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a quarterly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Credit union lending slowed significantly in the first quarter of 2019 (0.6%) compared to the first quarter of 2018 (1.6).
- The Federal Reserve may lower interest rates in the second half of 2019 due to an inverted yield curve and worries of an impending recession.
- The decline in the number of credit unions has slowed in the first quarter of 2019 (36) compared to the first quarter of 2018 (76) as small credit unions reported higher earnings and faster loan growth.
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience