Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
January 2020 (November 2019 data)
- Over the last 12 months, total credit union loan balances rose only 6.2%, below the 7.9% long-run average.
- Credit union new-auto loan balances fell at a -3.4% seasonally adjusted annual rate in November, significantly below the double digit pace set during 2012-2018.
- Credit union capital balances grew 11.3% in the year ending in November, significantly above the 7% average set over the last 20 years.
December 2019 (Q3 2019 data)
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a quarterly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- The U.S. economy is expected to grow at its long run 2% trend in 2019, but grow below trend in 2020.
- Interest rates will remain low in 2020, putting downward pressure on credit union earnings.
- Credit union loan growth is expected to slow to 6% in 2020, below the long run trend of 7.2%.
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience