Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
August 2020 (June 2020 data)
- Credit union loan balances rose 0.5% in June, lower than the 0.7% pace reported in June 2019.
- Credit union new-auto loan balances fell at a 5% seasonally adjusted, annualized growth rate in June, the biggest negative reading since the summer of 2011.
- Credit union loan-to-share ratios fell to 76.3% in June, down from 83.7% one year earlier.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Our latest economic forecasts have the economy expanding at a 15% annualized pace in the third quarter.
- The unemployment rate is expected to end 2021 at 8%.
- Credit union loan growth is expected to reach 5.9% in 2020, due to record setting fixed-rate first mortgage loan originations.
- Credit union deposit growth is expected to reach 17% in 2020, up from 8.2% in 2019.
- Skip to Main Content
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook