Credit Union and Economic Reports
The Credit Union Trends Report and Economic Report provide a review and analysis of recent credit union financial performance and operational results in the context of recent economic activity. Data and analysis are provided to establish standards against which credit unions' own performance can be compared.
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from CUNA Mutual Group. (Opens in a new window)
May 2021 (March data)
- The average credit union member had $13,562 in total savings deposits in March 2021, up from $11,307 in March 2020.
- The credit union average capital-to-asset ratio fell to 9.8% in March 2021, down from 11% in March of 2020.
- Credit union new-auto loan balances declined 3.2% in March; a bigger decline compared to the 0.8% drop in March 2020.
The Economic & Credit Union Update is a monthly report on the economic factors that impact credit unions’ operations and financial performance.
- Inflation is now rising at a 4.3% pace, which is pushing up inflation expectations.
- New auto sales came in at 18.5 million annualized pace in April, the fastest pace since 2005.
- Existing home sales cooled to 6 million annual sale pace in April, but still above the 5 million normal sales pace.
- Credit union savings-per-member grew 20% during the last year, from $11,300 to $13,500, the biggest increase in credit union history.
- Skip to Main Content
- Americas Fastest Growing Homebuying Demographic
- Beyond IT
- Credit Union Trends Report
- Cyber Security: Millions of Dollars On the Line
- Economic Commentary: 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Economic Commentary: Indicators Investors Should Monitor To Understand Market Direction
- Economic Commentary: The US Equity Market Outlook and Valuations
- Help Your Credit Union Stand Out from the Competition
- How Risk Aversion Impacts Wealth Management
- How the Pandemic has Changed Credit Modeling
- Inflation Guard
- Innovative Lenders Migrating to the Cloud to Achieve Agility and Scale
- IRS Limits Adjustments for 2018
- Is There a Cost to Convenience
- Lessons Learned for Charitable Giving
- Medicare and Social Security
- Member Perceptions Are Reality
- Members at the Center
- NCUA amends regulations on fidelity bonds
- Pandemic shines a light on need to help members with investments
- Ransomware Attacks Continue as Predominant Cyber Issue
- Reducing Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk
- Retain Your Top Talent
- SERP Checklist
- The Changing Retirement Landscape
- The History of the Dow Why Risk Control Matters More Than Ever
- Ties That Bind SERP
- Whats In Store for Investors in 2018 and Beyond
- Where Does Financial Advice Fit in the Age of Information
The Convenience Economy: How Members Are Driving Innovation and Changing Your World eBook