MADISON, Wis. – CUNA Mutual Group was honored today as a recipient of the Distinguished Performer Award for Innovation as part of the Deloitte Wisconsin 75 program, an annual list that recognizes the state’s largest private companies and showcases their impact on Wisconsin’s economy and communities. Last year, CUNA Mutual Group was honored as the Distinguished Performer for Community.
To be recognized as a Distinguished Performer for Innovation and a part of the Deloitte Wisconsin 75 is a true honor,” said Robert N. Trunzo, president and CEO, CUNA Mutual Group. “We’re a company with strong traditions, but we always challenge ourselves to explore, innovate and invest in new ideas, technology and platforms to help credit unions thrive and help consumers build financial security.”
CUNA Mutual Group is innovating around new business models, investing in start-up companies that deliver emerging technology platforms, designing innovative solutions to strengthen credit union relationships, and building a digital experience that makes it easy for consumers to research, purchase and service their policies—each helping to serve changing trends and needs in the marketplace. Examples include:
- The creation of a technology innovation center to explore and test new ways to protect against other types of risks not traditionally covered by insurance.
- The launch of SafetyNet (Opens in new window), the first-of-its-kind online product designed to help consumers if they lose their job due to layoff, job elimination, business closing or if they get hurt or sick and can’t work.
- A new data and analytics business, AdvantEdge Analytics (Opens in new window), to help credit unions deliver a better member experience through actionable data insights.
- The creation of CMFG Ventures (Opens in new window), the venture capital entity within CUNA Mutual Group that focuses on strategic, early-stage start-up investments in the credit union, financial services, and insurance industries.
- Being one of the first companies to introduce a term life insurance product that consumers can purchase entirely online in minutes with automated underwriting. In less than a year, TruStage (Opens in new window), CUNA Mutual Group’s consumer brand, issued more than $1 billion in coverage for this product.
“As we continue forward, we are even more focused on investing and exploring areas in new consumer product needs, emerging technology, and new channels to find better ways to connect and provide easy and convenient products and services for generations to come,” Trunzo said.
For more information about the Deloitte Wisconsin 75, please visit: www.Deloitte.com/us/WI75 (Opens in new window).
About CUNA Mutual Group:
CUNA Mutual Group is a financially strong insurance and investment company. For generations, we’ve partnered with credit union leaders to protect and grow their businesses, and help people plan, protect and invest for their future. CUNA Mutual Group offers commercial and personal insurance products; lending and payment security solutions; and retirement, investment and marketing services. Additional information about the company can be found at www.cunamutual.com.
CUNA Mutual Group is the marketing name for CUNA Mutual Holding Company, a mutual insurance holding company, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Life, accident, health and annuity insurance products are issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company and MEMBERS Life Insurance Company. Corporate headquarters are located in Madison, Wis.