Protecting Our Colleagues
Work Environment and Facilities
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Treasury Department identifies insurance and financial services as essential services. The health and safety of our workforce, customers, partners and the community remain our top priority. We know our customers depend on us, and fortunately, we have experience in remote work arrangements. We are ready to serve you, your families, your businesses, members and customers during this time.
The following actions under our business resiliency plan are being taken to help slow the spread of the coronavirus and are subject to change as the pandemic evolves:
- Employees and contractors who can work remotely are required to do so.
- Our office buildings will remain open for those individuals who are unable to work remotely and who require limited, periodic access to the office.
- For visitors who were planning to come to our office, we will make alternate arrangements to postpone meetings or conduct them virtually. Non-essential visits to our office are restricted.
- Effective Monday, Aug. 3, 2021, all employees and contractors must wear face coverings when they are unable to maintain at least six feet of distance when working onsite at company offices or offsite when conducting business face-to-face with credit union representatives, clients and prospective clients. Anyone working in our Madison office is required by Public Health Madison & Dane County to wear a face covering at all times.
- Beginning Thursday, Oct. 1, 2021, all employees, contractors and visitors are required to complete a Building Access Assessment prior to entering the secured doors of any CUNA Mutual Group office.
- This assessment can be completed through our HR employee portal or on an iPad in the lobby of each building. One component of the Building Access Assessment will be reporting temperatures. We will not have thermometers onsite so employees, contractors and visitors will need to record their own temperatures before leaving home.
Current Policy for Travel
All business travel has been suspended in favor of phone or virtual meetings. This includes all modes of transportation and distances for all purposes, with the exception of coming into work, when appropriate.
Meetings & Events
All internal meetings are being rescheduled or held virtually. When our position changes on a particular meeting, we are communicating directly with all registered attendees.
In alignment with current company policies and guidance, CUNA Mutual Group has determined that exhibiting and providing speakers at physical events will remain suspended through September 30th, 2021. This restriction could be shortened or extended as we monitor the environment and consult with our re-entry planning teams. Our local account management teams and business development leaders may attend events depending on regional restrictions and guidelines in place at meeting venues. Our thought leaders will continue engaging through online methods when able and we look to connect and share in creative virtual ways as our employees navigate travel restrictions. Even though we may be absent physically from events that are held in-person, we will continue to support our customers and partners financially through sponsorships and other engagement methods.
CUNA Mutual Group is the marketing name for CUNA Mutual Holding Company, a mutual insurance holding company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.