FOCUSS Idea Competition
What's the FOCUSS Idea Competition?
Every year, undergraduate students at participating HBCUs (historically black colleges and universities) and other universities are invited to propose solutions to a specific challenge – something that’s impacting credit unions and their members.
What's the Process?
- As either an individual or as a team, research and propose a solution to the 2018 Challenge
- You have up to 5,000 characters, including spaces, and cannot attach additional files
- The written idea you submit will be assessed by a panel of industry experts
- If you are selected to participate in your school’s competition, you will be notified by email at the address you provide in your submission
- You will have one week to prepare a visual presentation to support your original written submission
- The winner of each local competition will go on to compete in the national final, hosted in Madison, WI
What are the Prizes?
If you’re selected to present at the national competition, prizes include:
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,000
You’ll also have the opportunity to interview for a summer internship (primarily based in Madison, WI) or learn more about full time opportunities available at CUNA Mutual Group.