Gain Insights from our 12th Discovery Conference
We brought you the best at Discovery2021 including twelve sessions filled with ideas and inspiration for strategic planning. If you missed the conference, you can still access all content. Enjoy information and tools to better serve your credit union and enhance your members’ experience.
Dr. Kaihan Krippendorff
Winning the Future of Finance
The financial services industry is undergoing a historic transformation. Incumbent institutions are under attack. Kaihan shares experience and actionable insights, arming you with a framework and tools to succeed in the tech-driven digital economy of the 21st century.
Video length: 50 min, 28 sec
Getting Big Things Done: Unleash Your Connectional Intelligence
A modern leadership skill called Connectional Intelligence (CxQ) is turning people into super-connectors who accelerate innovation, break down silos and foster top and bottom-line impact. Understand how using digital body language, or CxQ, is the key to professional success and leadership.
Video length: 36 min, 40 sec
Kathy Chartier | Kirk Mills
Charlotte Nemec | Maurice Smith
Growing While Leading the Way on Financial Inclusion
Median CDFI credit unions outperform median non-CDFI credit unions in earnings, lending, asset and membership growth. The December 2020 stimulus package included $12 billion in funding for Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs). Leaders from successful CDFI credit unions share ways they used their CDFI designation to help more members.
Video length: 46 min, 54 sec
Diana Dykstra | Brad Green
Larry Sewell | Bob Trunzo
Leading Credit Unions and Our Industry into the Future
The expectations of employees, members, business partners and community partners have changed dramatically over the last year. A panel of credit union leaders, who also serve as board chairs for associations that help our system thrive, will share lessons they have learned and insights they believe we can apply as we look to the future.
Video length: 61 min, 53 sec
Renee Sattiewhite | John Bissell
Paul Kundert | Maurice Smith
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion from the Eyes of Credit Union CEOs
There is no doubt diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programs are vital to the health of our communities and businesses. Soon multicultural consumers will make up the majority of the U.S. population. Learn from credit union CEOs who championed the successful rollout of their DEI programs.
Video length: 41 min, 17 sec
U.S. Economic Outlook & Its Impact on Credit Unions
As the COVID-19 pandemic runs its course in 2021, the economic impacts may be longer-lasting. The Federal Reserve’s monetary policy and the Treasury Department’s fiscal policy are important topics. Explore the possible paths of economic recovery and what impact it will have on credit unions.
Video length: 30 min, 20 sec
Auto Loans and Credit Unions: Trends, Challenges, & Projections
Whether to purchase a vehicle and how to finance it are key questions consumers ask. For credit unions, auto financing is important in their lending portfolio, helping to attract new members and form lasting relationships. Hear the recent trends in auto lending, projections, and next steps credit unions can take.
Video length: 19 min, 03 sec
Emily Engstrom | Vicki Potter
The Hidden Growth Opportunities in Your Data
After a year of transitions and unpredictability, it’s important to understand what your data is telling you and how your credit union can use it to drive growth. Gain tips on using your data in actionable ways and insights on best practices, data optimization, and what to expect in the days ahead.
Video length: 28 min, 23 sec
April Clobes | Ben Maxim
The Lab at MSUFCU – Accelerating Innovation, Together
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU) created an innovation center, The Lab at MSUFCU, to incubate and accelerate innovative financial solutions through co-creation and partnerships. Learn how engagement of members, employees, and fintech partners is essential to the innovation process.
Video length: 26 min, 10 sec
Making Strategic Choices for Growth
Credit unions are facing the impact of COVID-19, competition from non-traditional players, and changing consumer preferences. Hear the latest research on credit union growth strategies such as mergers, product mix, and digital capabilities, and how they relate to performance. How are strategic choices driving growth?
Video length: 25 min, 57 sec
Preparing for Marketing Success in a Post COVID-19 World
The social and economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic is a jarring example of how one crisis, one trend or new technology can turn your marketing and financial institution upside-down. Explore consumer behaviors and marketing trends and discover three ways to keep your marketing less susceptible to emerging threats.
Video length: 33 min, 08 sec
Gigi Hyland | Sarah Lietz | Brenton Peck
A Strategic Imperative: Your Members’ Financial Health & Well-Being
We’ve learned during the pandemic that health and wealth are deeply intertwined. COVID-19 pulled the rug out from under people’s financial lives. Hear how a financial well-being strategy is good for your community, members, employees – and your bottom line. Learn to put financial health and well-being at the center of your strategy.
Video length: 38 min, 08 sec
Find valuable, relevant content covering a wide variety of topics in the links below.
- Applying the Principles of Human-Centered Design to Your Credit Union’s Innovation Strategy
- Lenders’ Most Pressing Digital Priorities for 2021
- Using Targeted Data to Deepen Member Engagement
- What Forces Are Reshaping The Landscape For Credit Unions?
- Pouring the Foundation of Your Data House
- Doubling Down on One-to-One Service in the Digital Era
Connecting with Multicultural Consumers, One Wink at a Time
- Insights from Multicultural Consumers
- Why Credit Unions Need a Multicultural Marketing Strategy
- Life the Latino Way
- Insights to Action - Human Data Science
- The Multicultural Opportunity in Financial Advising
- What the Fastest Growing Population Segment Values Most from Their Financial Institution
- I Burned Out: Lessons from Leading DEI in 2020 & 2021
Credit Union Success Stories
- Credit Union Success Story - Bragg Mutual Federal Credit Union
- Credit Union Success Story - Michigan Legacy Credit Union
- Credit Union Success Story - RVA Financial Credit Union
- Credit Union Success Story - Southern Security Federal Credit Union
- Credit Union Success Story - Chattanooga Federal Employees Credit Union
- Business Resilience Planning Guide & Checklist
- Common Member Scams
- 2021 Emerging Risk Outlook
- Managing Lending Risks Through Internal Controls
- Credit Union Loss Scenarios - Employee Safety & Wellness
- Benchmark Survey Insights - Lending Focus
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements Risk Overview
- Common Office Foot Traffic Issues Risk Overview
- Lending Risks Outlook
- Ransomware Threats
- Peer-to-Peer Payments Risk Overview
- Rethinking the Way We Protect People
- Responding to Active Shooter Incidents